PROMISED! Church Camp (9 – 12 Jun 2014)
At Changi Airport, where we were so excited and happy to fill our hunger before we set off to Berjaya Times Square Hotel (BTSH), KL.
Spot the difference. Can you tell who is the missing person here?
From 9th – 12th June 2014, just 4 days. Every sermon speaks to me, I am just wondering, can’t you give me a break? :p
The place where it all started
Pastor Philip Lyn – Monday Night (Session 1)
The Secret lies in the “Waiting”, some see Waiting as a Virtue, some see Waiting as the ultimate existential absurdity of our life.
Isaiah 40:31 (KJV)
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
If we wait upon the Lord, 3 things will happen to us:
1. We renew our Inward Strength (Renew their strength)
2. We regain our Upward Strength (Soar on wings like eagles)
3. We revive our Onward Strength (Run and not be weary, walk and not faint)
Pastor Ong Sek Leang – Tuesday Morning (Session 2)
Promised of Good Things! Quality of Life
1. You need to readjust your thinking (Genesis – Abraham)
2. You need to refuse quick fix suggestion (Genesis 16)
3. You need to allow God to heal the brokenness of our life (Genesis 17:1)
4. You need to reject mental, emotional confusion (Genesis 22, Hebrews 11:17, 19)
He only bless what He provides
A quick shot with my Spiritual Parent (SP) and her Spiritual Babies (SBs)
Pastor Philip Lyn – Tuesday Night (Session 3)
1. Jesus : Our Shepherd – Pastor
The Lord is my shepherd (Hebrew: Adonni ro’i – Master, Owner, Friend)
2. Jesus : Our Supply
I shall lack nothing; He makes me lie down in green pastures He leads me beside still waters; He restores my soul!
Lie down: Security
Green Pastures: Provision
Still Waters: Life!
3. Jesus : Our Only Security
He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His Name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil; for you are with me’ your rob and your staff they comfort me
Dark valleys are :
Unavoidable, Unpredictable, Impartial, Temporary, Have a Purpose
What to do when you got through dark valleys?
- Choose Faith not Fear
- Choose Presence not Predicament
- Choose Protection not Purposefulness
4. Jesus : Our Saviour
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cups runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
- You prepare a Table
- You Anoint my Head
- Surely Goodness
- And Mercy shall follow me…
Pastor Ong Sek Leang – Wednesday Morning (Session 4)
Genesis 25: 26-28
It is to break us free from human limitations and stereotypes.
1 Corinthians 2
By spirit of God, you will know. Nobody knows unless God speaks to them.
Break free from human order and establish the divine order. (Esau & Jacob)
You cannot run anymore (Jacob cheat Esau and he is being cheated by his uncle)
1. Your promise from God is always link to others’s promises from God.
2. You need to get alone with God (Jacob wrestled with God)
3. You have to move from striving to submission. God allowed us to struggle with Him but not put his nature down but to show to us our true nature.
The less we brag about it, the lesser you empower it
4. You need to be honest with God
Pastor Philip Lyn – Wednesday Night (Session 5)
Parables of the Last Days
The Gospel preached to all the world
The “Abomination of the Resolution”
The “Budding” of the Fig Tree
The Holy Grail of Physics
“Grand Unified Theory”
How should we LIVE for Him?
The 4 Parables
1. Faithful and Wise Servant (Matthew 24:45)
2. Wise Virgins (Matthew 25:1)
3. The Talents (Matthew 25:14)
4. The Sheep and Goats (Matthew 25:31)
The Parable of the Faithful and Wise Servant
1. The Way we Serve
Keywords: Faithful and Wise
Faithfulness = Doing Things Right
Wisdom = Doing the Right Things
Take Delegated Authority over the Devil and Build the House. Build Faith!
Praise the Lord and made the Devil pay!
The Parable of the Ten Virgins
2. The Way we Seek
Keywords: Oil (Be filled with His Glory)
- You can’t tell who has the oil and who doesn’t
- You can’t tell how much oil you have on the last day
- You can’t borrow the oil
The Parable of the Talents
3. The Way we Sow
Keywords: Talents (Trade your Soul)
Elvis Presley’s Story
The Parable of the Sheep and Goats
4. The Way we Share
Keywords: Sheep and Goats
Every one of the poor is the Jesus in disguise (Never forget the poor)
Pastor Dominic Yeo – Thursday Morning (Session 6)
1. I will never leave you or forsake you
2 Corinthians 1:20
G – God’s
R – Resources
A – Available for
C – Children
E – Enjoyment / Empowerment
2. Yes -> AMEN (So be it, it is done!)
Alignment and agreement of confession of faith bring about the realisation of
Grace + Faith = Promised realised
3. Given to accompany every assignment of our life (Genesis 12:1)
4. Never do the promise but do the seeking (Matthew 3)
My rare selfie shot, I guess I don’t even have the time to think about, but just be in the moment. 🙂