Building God’s House (19092021)
Pastor Danny Leong
Building God’s House
Desire, Duty, Delight
Jesus Greater Than Moses
1Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest. 2He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house. 3Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. 4For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. 5“Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house,”3:5 Num. 12:7 bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. 6But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.
(Theyer’s Greek Lexicon)
- Physical house (Mark 11:17)
- An inhabited house (Acts 20:20)
- The inmates of a house, all the persons forming one family; a household (Hebrews 3:2) Family of God. The Church
We are God’s House
1 “…holy brothers and sisters,… 6 And we are his house…”
We are servants in God’s House
5” Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s House.”
Refers to a faithful attendant who serves in a teacher
1 Peter 4:10
10Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
We are blessed in God’s House
6 “… We hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.”
- How will you deepen your desire, duty and delight in building God’s house?
- Commit to build God’s house by praying and preparing to come for Vision Rally and Vision weekend.