刘家证 – Elvis Low Kay Cheng, 刘家诚 – Louis Low Kay Seng
This is a twin this time. I can’t imagine I have lost 3 lives in less than 1 year… I was pregnant in May this year, suppose to be due in 10 February 2013. However, due to twin I was scheduled to go for c-sect in 37 weeks. Also based on past experience, we have opt to go for cervix cerclage forseeing the weight that twin are going to bring. The doctor said is going to be 6 times the risks and complications. However, we have made preparations to go for long term bed rest to secure this pregnancy.
Everything went well till the 5th month, full details scan. Doctor spotted a ballooning effect on top of my cervix straining it. His only advice is more rest. However on 27th September, just 2 days later, I woke up spotted some bleeding in the morning. Wasting no time, I rushed straight to the clinic. Still hopeful that it was going to be a small tear, however, the scan is not ideal, the stitch tore completely, the cervix is opened again, our worst nightmare. I was admitted that very same day.
Hanging on in the hopsital was neither easy. I was on strict bedrest tilted with my head down for 2 days, hoping that the water bag which had slid out from the cervix can got back in the womb. However, it proved to be useless. Later I had infection and was told that it would induce constraction pains and therefore labour. Doctor put me on a new antibotics and hoped that it would worked out else the twin might be deliver within hours. We prayed and prayed hard for it. We can’t sleep that day. My hubby stayed back and waited for any news to come in. The new antibotics seems to have work, 2 days passed and contraction pain died down. Seeing this, this doctor suggested a scan to check the twin status and see if we can work out a long term bed rest solution.
On mon, we did a scan, the twin are doing well despite Elvis’s head had slid out to the vaginal area as well. However, we had decided the worst case is to keep at least 1 baby if possible. We had blood test to check on the infection indicator again to check if infection had come down or not. However, to our surprise, it rose instead of going down, despite all other signs like blood pressure, temperature looks ok. Fearing another heart attack, we decide to do another schedule blood test on wednesday to check for any root cause of the infection and to determine the correct medicine to it. Before we can check on it, I had severe contraction pains again on tuesday afternoon.
It started from about 4pm or 5pm, I took medicine and injection to try to reduce the pains but all does not seems to work. So we had to call in the doctor again. He checked on me and said the baby had drop to delivery position again. I was given the instruction to push again, right in the middle of a 4 bedded room. We didn’t even had the time to go to operating theatre. It was that rush!! By 6.35pm, Elvis was delivered first being that at the bottom position. We had hoped for the contractions to settle down and stayed, however, things didn’t work out to what we wanted. By 7.00pm, Louis popped out as well in a flash. Both twin died at 21 weeks 2 days on 2nd October 2012. They were about 400grams each when delivered. It was 6 days before my birthday…
Why is God so cruel to me? I knew it was a twin even before I did a scan. I thought it was a sign from God? Why take them away again? I can’t hide my emotions, I was sobbing and sobbing badly… Is it meant to be this way? I don’t know what to say anymore… 🙁
BTW, my hubby commented that Louis looked like Dominic in some way…
Background information about Incompetent Cervix (IC)
More information on Transabdominal Cerclage (TAC)